- From Pulborough Station turn L to follow footpath alongside
car park. Cross bridge over railway and continue along road past
- Take footpath on L. Past the pill box, bear R
onto bridleway and follow this through woodland.
- Turn L onto footpath lined by conifers and continue past
nursery to the road. Cross road and follow the Wey South Path
by footbridge over the River Arun and head across water-meadows
to access bridge by Pumping Station.
- Pass through Pumping Station, take footpath on R by level
crossing sign, follow this path and cross over railway line to
- Cross road and take the path by Priory Cottage, down slope to
follow old spur of the Wey and Arun Canal.
- At road turn L walk along road and cross the River Arun
by Greatham Bridge.
- Turn R along river bank for a short distance. Leave river
and bear R along track, continue on through farm yard.
Follow footpath sign R, then L by Hayles Barn.
- Pass through field gate, turn R to follow ditch and continue
through Amberley Wild Brooks.
- Up into Amberley village and turn R along road, then
R again past church and castle.
- Cross mainline railway with great care!
and continue across the water meadows towards Bury in the disance.
- At food bank turn L and remain on the same side of the
river, passing the South Downs Way bridge.
- Just before Houghton Bridge the path leaves the river. The footbridge
of Amberley station is visible just around the corner. From Amberley
station, you can retrace your steps in just 6 minutes by taking
the train back to Pulborough or continue your journey southwards